Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Craziness

It's 2 days after Christmas and in the past 72 hours I have hosted 3 gatherings at my place.  One of them included my extremely cute, but extremely active {almost} 3 year old Godson.  I...AM...EXHAUSTED!!

Here's a glimpse into what my life has been like since December 24th.

My mom hosted Christmas Eve dinner and our annual watching of "It's a Wonderful Life."
Yummy Drinks

Yummy food!
Gary & I left for home at about 10pm, only to be back at her house {we live about 10 minutes away} by 8:30 the next morning for breakfast and PRESENTS!!

This year, we had to cut our Christmas spending budget {BOO!}, but we all still outdid ourselves {YAY!}.

I love all the different wrapping paper!

Mr. & Mrs. Sharkie Claus

My new bag for the gym

A popcorn maker!

He's a dork, but I love him!

Best movie of the year from the best brother ever

For my office at work!

Can someone explain to him how to wear this hat??

We love the Sharks!


Already read a little bit, and I am dying of laughter!
1st box

2nd box

3rd box!!

Awwww

A locket!


Can't forget the stockings!


Then it was back to our place around 1, so we could get ourselves ready and prepare dinner.  Since my mom hosts so many events, I like to help her out by hosting Christmas dinner.





The next day, we had what we refer to as the Annual Hoex-Reeves-McCann-Laino Christmas Dinner.  At some point between Christmas and NYE, we get together with my best friend and her family.  Before we were married {oh, the good old days}it was just the Hoex-Reeves Christmas Dinner.  It IS much more fun with our hubbies {and, more recently, our Godson}!


This was dessert...I will blog the recipe later this week!


Looking for Nemo in the pond

Friends for over 20 years!

The guys

"No touch!"

Our lovely moms!

Gary with B

Our dads

B is reading to Gary

Dinner was so good, there was nothing left on our plates

Dee & Papa

The Laino's

Clothes?  Next, please!

Opening our gift...a Cars throw blanket

Trying it out!!

The McCann's & The Laino's

Our 2nd gift to B....we might just love him BIGGER than the world!

Santa B...HO HO HO

The Hoex's and the Reeves!


Today we had some more of my family over to show them our place....it also helped us get rid of the Kahlua cake!  :)

Uncle Ron, Aunt Carol, Aunt Jo, Gary & me!


Like I said before, I am exhausted!  All I want to do is spend a day in my PJ's, relaxing on the couch with a good book or some movies.

I am hoping that by the weekend all of our Christmas stuff is put away, so I can focus on the new year.

Hoping you all had a Very Merry Christmas!!

***Who normally hosts all the gatherings in your family?***


















3 comments:

  1. Your dessert looks delicious! I am looking forward to the post.

    P.S. That is quite a Christmas village! My mom works at a Christmas shop and I am not sure they have one that big at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just posted it!

    That's my mom& dads village...their house is a sight to behold during every holiday!

    ReplyDelete