Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Few Of My Favorite (Holiday) Things

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Everywhere you go...

Christmas is definitely my favorite time of the year - the cheerfulness, the baked goods, the MUSIC!!  I am in my element during the holiday season and make a point to slow down during the craziness to enjoy all the great things about Christmas {if I don't, Gary makes me...one more reason he is a great husband}.

Here are a few of my favorite things during the holidays:


1. Peppermint Schnapps.  Add a tiny bit to your hot chocolate and you are guaranteed to warm up by the 3rd sip!  Who needs to use the heater when you've got Peppermint Schnapps?!




2. Grilled Cheese & Soup - Maybe this is not exclusive to Christmas, but this is a staple in our house during the holidays...it's warm, it's filling, it's quick to make.  


3. SNOWMEN!!  I bought this cute snow couple for Gary & I during our first Christmas living together and we have been hooked on snowmen ever since.



4.  My "Daughter" ornament - At the time my mom gave this to me, neither of us had any idea that less than a year later Gary & I would have moved to the Central Valley, with my parents to follow us soon after, and that 2002 would be the last Christmas in my childhood home.  I always look forward to putting this ornament up every year.


 5. Miracle on 34th Street - It's ridiculous how many Christmas movies and cartoons Gary & I own, but this one has always my hands down favorite.  I am such a realist {and dare I say it, cynical} at times, that it's nice to watch movies that restore my faith in believing in things I cannot see.  "Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to."


***What are some of your favorite holiday things??***




No comments:

Post a Comment