Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Parmesan Almond Crusted Tilapia

Per my last post, you all know about my love for Trader Joe's almond meal.  I also bought some Tilapia during my last visit, wanting to create a new recipe using my beloved almond meal.

The result was mouthwatering.

When serving dinner, I usually load my plate with more veggies than meat/fish and let Gary enjoy a larger meat portion.

Not. This. Time.

I ate my whole tilapia fillet and craved even more!


Parmesan Almond Crusted Tilapia

Ingredients:

3-4 Tilapia Fillets {we only had 3 in our package, but they were good size}

2-3 Eggs {to help almond crust stick}

Parmesan Almond Meal Crust - 1 cup almond meal, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, Italian Spices {Parsley, Basil, Oregano} to your liking, S&P to your liking.

Directions:

~Pat Tilapis Fillets dry using paper towels {set aside}
~Crack eggs on a deep plate and beat until mixed.
~Combine ingredients for crust into a small bag.  Seal bag, shake and once mixed, empty into a deep plate.
~One at a time, dip fillets into egg wash, then dredge through crust mix, making sure each side is coated evenly.
~Add each fillet to a pan preheated and coated with cooking oil of your choice {I prefer coconut oil}.
~Cook tilapia on medium heat for 5-6 minutes per side {checking for color and flakiness}

Serve with roasted broccoli and a sweet potato for a healthy, nutritious meal!

Patted dry and ready to go!

Right next to the stove for ease


1st side is cooking

Cooked perfectly!
 ***Tilapia is my favorite fish to cook.  It is versatile and does not have that "fishy" taste.***

Do you like fish?  What is your favorite way to prepare fish?

5 comments:

  1. Okay this seriously looks delicious. I'm always looking for new ways to cook fish. Thanks. I'd love it if you took the time to stop by my April Link Party to share. http://acraftycook.blogspot.com/2012/04/1-month-of-fun-april-link-party-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soooo delicious!!! Im not a HUGE fish person, but definetly love tilapia! I would be thrilled to have you share this at my link party going on right now!
    http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/04/homemade-by-you-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummylicious!!!

    Visiting from Friday Linky Party
    Witha @ withapinkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I've never thought or had a cheese crust on fish - but am seriously considering this for dinner tonight! Last night we had salmon, on the grill. I think that is my favorite way to prepare fish so my house isn't stinky! Plus, I started a small fire (oops) once when cooking fish inside. :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tilapia is so delicious! This recipe sounds wonderful! We are so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Please come back and join us next week!! Thanks! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete