Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Road Trippin' Food

We're a few weeks away from hitting the road to Oregon & Washington.  YAY!!


My plan for the first few days is for us to only eat out at dinner.  Most of our hotels will provide a decent breakfast, but I want lunch & snacks to be on our own.  Healthier for our bodies AND our wallet!

I've already thought to bring the following:

  • boiled eggs
  • beef jerky
  • chicken salad with celery sticks
  • lunch meats with mustard and homemade mayo in lettuce wraps
  • bananas
  • oranges
  • water
  • coconut water
**What are some road trip snacks that I missed?**

**What are some MUST-SEE ideas for Oregon & Washington?**

1 comment:

  1. Here are a few I always love to bring.

    Nuts, pre cut and packaged veggies & fruit (carrots, broccoli, berries, cantaloupe, snap peas, etc.), string cheese, granola and yogurt, pre packaged oatmeal (just in case the breakfast isn't great), nut butters and I probably could go on forever.

    I hope you have a great time on your road trip. Portland and Seattle are two of my favorite cities so I love both states. :)

    ReplyDelete