Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Top 5 Friday {Summer Songs}

BBQing is in full swing, the sun doesn't set until past my bedtime, and we are running the AC at night.

You know what that means, right??

SUMMER is in da house!!  Fo shizzle!

There are certain songs that just make me feel like summer.

{Don't be afraid to sing, or even dance, along}

1. "Summer Nights" - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John



What female under the age of 40 did not have a sleepover that included this movie??  Some of my best high school memories included summer sleepovers & "Grease."

2. "Summertime" - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince



Will Smith has always been such a cool guy, hasn't he??  If there is one song that says "summer is here, so grab your flip flops," this is it!


3. "American Pie" - Don McLean



What road trip happens without this song?!?!  It's so fun to sing along to, but so deep when you really think about the lyrics.

4. "Boys of Summer" - Don Henley




This is in the Top 3 of my favorite Don Henley songs...he is such an amazing writer, musician and performer. Gary & I have seen the Eagles 3 times and Don Henley on his own once {tied for BEST show I have ever been to with John Mayer...JM concerts are a freaking religious experience}.  Whenever I hear this song, I wish I had a top to put down on my car.



5. "Smooth" - Santana {featuring Rob Thomas}




Well, hello, summer of 1999.  It was the summer I went to Europe & the summer before I met Gary.  I did a lot of growing up that summer, and this song was a part of the whole experience!


***Which of these songs do you like the best?***


***What song screams "SUMMER" to you?***

1 comment: