Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

It's Been A Long Time Since 22

I was listening to John Mayer at work today and one of my favorite songs "Who Says" came on.  Some of the lyrics really stuck with me.


It's been a long night in New York City
It's been a long time since 22
I don't remember you looking any better
But then again, I don't remember, don't remember you
It HAS been a long time since 22 for me....10 years on Saturday, to be exact.
So many thoughts are running through my head right now ~
*All the ways I have changed, yet all the ways I am still the same.
*How did I even GET to 32???  I barely turned 22, or even 18.
*I was WRONG when in high school I thought 35 was old.
*I've been on my own {with Gary} for almost 10 years now.
*My boobs were so much perkier back then!
*I had a lot more money to blow when I was living at home.
*How did I work fulltime, go to school parttime, have a fulltime boyfriend, yet still have time to kick it with my girls??  {answer:no housework or need to cook dinner every night}
*When I was 22, I had no problem going to bed at 1am, getting up at 6am and being at work by 7:30.
*When is the last time I have had at least 3 or 4 consecutive nights of good, solid sleep??  I can't remember.
*Not only were my boobs perkier, so was my ass.
So maybe my boobs and ass aren't so perky anymore, maybe I am in bed by 9:30 every night, but I am much more secure in my body and myself in general.  I know who I am and I'm pretty confident that I know what I want from my life. 
At 22, I was searching for answers.  I still am, the questions are just different.
I feel like the last 2 years I have just been dipping my toes into the ocean that is my 30's.  I think that it's time for me to dive right in and embrace my age fully.  32 is not looking bad at all...I plan on making this my best year yet!
Getting older doesn't scare me....I look forward to my birthday just as much as I did when I was 10 {but now I won't cry if I don't get presents}. 
So thankful I have made it to 32....here's to 32 {plus many} more!
***Any other Leo's out there??***

No comments:

Post a Comment