Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Oregon/Washington Road Trip: Day 10

Day 10 was our most relaxing day by far.  We were able to sleep in, then spend a few hours at the beach!

See those rocks in the background?  We walked the beach until we were right in front of them.  It was a long walk that totally worked our legs out!




Great view!  Oh, the ocean is nice to look at, too.  ;-)



Isn't this cool?


It was at this point I ran for the water.  It only took me a few seconds to realize how FREAKING COLD the water was!!  

I went a little crazy!!



Then I ran back for more!




I finally calmed down a bit and got some more beach pictures!


My beach bum!

Awwww




I was slipping in the sand and pulling Gary down with me....obviously we thought this was hilarious!



Look at all the shells we collected!


And all the rocks!!  I am going to fill a glass jar with all our finds from Rockaway Beach as a memento of our trip.


After we made our way back, a trip to Tillamook Cheese was on the agenda.  It was a beautiful drive there.








Once we got inside, there was nothing to get excited about.  There was a small self-guided tour and a line for samples.  That part took us about 5 minutes.





After the sample line, you walk into their gift shop {imagine that} where Gary & I were amused by these napkins made from poop!




 Down the street was Blue Heron Cheese Company, who had some of the BEST blue cheese I've ever had.




On our way to Safeway to pick up a few things, we saw a sign fir a lighthouse, so we took the drive.


Once we got there, I realized wearing flip flops was not the best idea.  It was a steep walk downhill!




On the way back to the car we tried another path that was more scenic and WAY more steep than the 1st path down!!  Between our beach walk that morning and this walk, our legs were burning!




Back in our bungalow that night, I read and filled out this journal that the owners left out.  It was neat reading what others wrote and seeing that some people came back every few months.  The couple that stayed there before us got engaged on the 4th of July!! 




Our time at Rockaway was a few hours from being over and we were VERY sad about it.  Gary & I made a promise to each other to make it to the coast at least once a year.  Even though Rockaway Beach is too far away for us to visit that often, we are beach bums at heart and the ocean centers & relaxes us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment